Poems: Lost ; Your Words

Hey guys,  as promised,  two poems!  :)


LOST

(sighs)
These days I can't seem to think straight
As if there was just too much weight
My mind, and my shoulders ache
Every morning when I wake

I struggle and try to remember yesterday
Did I work all night or go out to play?
Sometimes there are hints around
Maybe a thing or two lying on the ground

Most days though my mind's a blank
Maybe today it's time I be frank
Because (chuckles) who am I fooling?
I don't know what I'm doing

Within me there's this fear
Its screams only I can hear
Growing only stronger with each passing moment
And I, became my own opponent

I tend to ask who am I?
With my eyes wandering up to the sky
For so long I've ran
Been so lost without a plan

Maybe tonight I'll grab another beer
Scream and beg for this prayer
To be heard by someone,  by somebody
Because im tired of being a nobody


YOUR WORDS

I enjoy our conversations
Unexpected sensations
Your perfect articulations
Your distinctive pronunciations

We have a collision of ideas
Where I let go of my fears
Speaking with an open heart
Letting a little light into the dark

You look into my eyes as we move along
Following the rhythm of this beautiful song
And you smile as I speak
As if I was the answer you seek

Your words have a way
Of binding and making me sway
Like a spell I am enchanted
My wishes now granted


Lots of love,
Tasha Lim

Comments

Popular Posts