Realisations

As I grow older, for each passing day, I come to realise things that I never knew before. Like how beautiful the sunrise is; or how beautiful it is to see a stranger smile back at you as if you've known each other for years.

Sometimes I wonder what stopped me from enjoying all these little things. I read my old blogs; my old letters; books & diaries; they all contained genuine thoughts and happiness. A gift that can never be stolen in anyway because whatever events that were written in there, did in fact, happen.
As such, it seems to serve as proof that whatever friendships that were formed then, did exist and were then, friendships that contained the utmost value.
However, like how all good things must come to an end - so did certain friendships.
Have you ever had that one best friend whom you've lost but wish you can reconcile with? The one that pinky promised with you, saying that they'll never leave your side? Best Friends Forever right?

As time passed, the true nature of certain people are revealed. Facebook and Twitter are double-edged swords because I've seen the good that people post and the worst that they have posted too. It shows a person's true nature; their true self.
I wouldn't say that they've always been that way because there must have been something that first bonded you initially; connecting two strangers to share everything with each other. As such, I say they have merely grown up. I have no rights to say good or bad but I guess that's life right?
It is naive but I do wish at times that things weren't as such. That friends didn't really have to part ways but I guess that's all child's play.

No matter how badly a friendship was torn apart, one lives with the memories of how great it was. As such, the person continues to stay in your life - in a different form however.

Do we forgive & forget? I say, we forgive but we can never truly forget. There will be little reminders of why the friendship did not work out in the end. But no matter how bad things ended, I guess there should be a certain level of respect left towards the friendship that once was. You do not tarnish their names and vice versa. Sometimes emotions rule over the mind but self-control is one thing we must all learn I suppose.

It is truly sad though, as you look back at all the pictures - of how fun times were; how innocent & naive our minds were; all the dreams & goals we had. These people have already made a mark in your life, as such, it is impossible to have them "deleted" from your lives. In fact, truth be told, they will always have a place in your heart. Unless they have hurt you badly, then I guess you will have harbored hatred into your heart. I advice thee to remove it or thy soul shall pay the price.

The point is in fact, that these people can never be replaced because they were there for a reason; the memories and times you've shared lives on.
For me personally, these people.. can never be replaced and I will always remember them.

The older you get, the more you might actually lose. Which are the friends worth the effort and which are not? We will never know. However, you can only try your best to make time for the people you Believe to be worth the effort for if no action is taken at all, the connection that once held you two will be shaken and eventually, lose its purpose.

As such, make an effort to keep in touch with people whom you truly love and you never want to lose despite the circumstances :)

Love,
Tasha G Lim

Comments

Popular Posts