A Little Post of Gratitude

It's amazing to see how another year has come and go. This Chinese New Year, I've let go of quite a number of traditions that I myself didn't realize. As I do some of the same things I did last year, the thoughts that go through my head are different.

But anyway, I'm feeling really, really blessed. I mean, we all have pretty crappy days but right now, at this very moment. I feel really blessed.

There are many people I want to thank. My family, my really close best friends, the former friends and so on. I used to wonder, damn it, why me? But I'm really happy some things happened because they made me realize other things. When one door closes, another opens right? So that's what's been happening. 

I'm really blessed to have a good family. I am the youngest and also the most pampered one. Prior to this, I never thought that way but as the years go by, it becomes clearer and clearer how I am truly blessed with a family that loves me. No matter how silly I sound. No matter the amount of mistakes I make. They forgive me, they love me. And that's more than I can ask for. 


I'm also really blessed to have a number of good friends. People who listen to me cry in the middle of the night, people who listen to all my ridiculous stories, people who drive to find me when I need a hug, people who treat me food when I'm broke, people who do crazy things with me without fear. Really. I am truly, truly blessed. 

Be it at university or at home, I have a number of people I can rely on. So thank you, for existing, for tolerating me and for accepting me the way I am. For sticking by me - for the good and for the bad. 

Tough times may have happened and they may have changed me, but they have also made me realize the more important things. Especially the people who really care. So, I'm thankful for those of you who have hurt me in one way or another. Because you opened my eyes and pushed me out of my comfort zone. You helped me see how blinded I was.

Ahh, I can't wait to meet two of my close friends tomorrow because I'm travelling to meet them!


I hope your Chinese New Year has been a good one. Stay safe! And for those of you travelling, have a safe trip!


Yours truly,
Tasha Lim

Comments

Popular Posts