Art Gallery

Recently I've had a lot to do and think about.. So much that it has taken up a lot of my energy and all I feel like doing is sleep. Or watch anime.

Rather than doing food tasting, I've been going to places for events and stuff.
So here's the latest because I'm quite lazy to post the others, and it's all PAST events.
This one is still on-going! :)

De Rosis Nascentibus

                                             

De Rosis Nascentibus is taken from the line of a poem, based on my googling skills.
I will ask the artists why they've used this as the theme of their art showcase the next time I go there.

This art exhibition is a contemporary and lowbrow exhibition which showcases the artworks of 8 artists from around the world. Each artist has their own unique ways of expressing themselves through art as one can see.
However, since their theme is based on roses - the beginning and the ending, their artwork can be interpreted as to be slightly gloomy than we would regularly see in art exhibitions. This does not mean that their artwork is less meaningful or distasteful, rather, there is something within their artwork that will capture your attention without you even knowing it.

Located at a rather quiet spot, this gallery seems to whisper for passer-bys to walk in. The entrance is a rectangular square that seems to be cut out and beside it, a glass wall with a air-cooler behind it. The lights within are all dimmed and there seems to be an eerie feeling that sends chills down your spine when you take a peek through those doors.

Entering the gallery, you notice that there are flower petals all over the place. Some are new, some have decayed. Looking up, you realise that you are surrounded by paintings of people who seem to scream for you to notice them, notice their existence.



Each painting has a story of its own




Each painting was born from inspiration

The paintings that hang on the wall can be bought, with the prices ranging from RM1400 to RM2000+?
I believe you can buy them off on the spot if you are interested :)

Fear not for those who are poor like me, 
there is something more affordable for people like us :)

The gallery also offers its visitors a chance to purchase their artwork on a smaller scale for a cheaper price. Now, you can't say no to that can you? :)





 ( forgive me, for not rotating it )

I couldn't help myself from buying something from the gallery.
I wanted to show support to my friends too haha :)

Everyone has their own interpretation for things, just like English literature, paintings are another form of art. I bought these two paintings below because to me, I saw something in them. Before I had asked En Tze ( the artist) , the true meaning behind the paintings, my interpretations were as such:


This was a lady in a cheongsam in the clouds, with a moon behind her.
This seemed like it was my life. I dream of reaching for the stars and sometimes, that path is just lonely. This woman seems to have reached the sky yet she cries.
 I bought this because I wanted to remind myself to stay strong no matter how tough things get, no matter how lonely this path can be.



The artist's interpretation?
This lady is a beautiful woman who has been cursed with destruction.
Her beauty brings her nothing but sorrow.



This was another painting pointed out by my friend, Michelle.
This lady has taken off her true face.
The true story behind it was that this woman was a beautiful woman whose heart was filled with jealousy. She could no longer withstand the poison within her and when she took off her mask, she was a demon.

This is based on a Japanese demon.


My interpretation was this:
No matter what I do in life, the decisions I make and what not, I don't want to lose myself.
I do not want to sacrifice myself to please society. I shall proudly, be me.
I do not want to become something that is no longer recognisable by my friends and family.
I do not want to become a demon.


That is all for now :)

For those whom are interested, do drop by New World Park and have a look at the paintings here.
The gallery is open from 12 pm to 9 pm and it will be on-going till the 22nd of September, 2013.

If you happen to go there because you read this blog,
do me a favour and say hi in my stead so they know I succeeded in helping to promote :)

For more information, visit the facebook event page of ' De Rosis Nascentibus ' .

Loads of love,
Tasha G Lim

Comments

Popular Posts