Adventure Time

Oh and one more thing,
life is an adventure.

I wanted to share this little experience of mine with two of my close buddies in KL. So during out last night in KL before we all went back home, we went on a tour around KL. And we did all sorts of things. Not bad stuff, but actually, we did a lot of crazy safe stuff.

It was fun. To be free I guess. To make decisions on an impromptu notice. To just catch the LRT and see where it leads you. That's what we sort of did. We had no idea what to do that night but we wanted to go out. Get out of a world we were sick of and be us.

We did that. And we even went to play the Escape Rooms at midnight. Might not sound insane but it was fun. And when we walked around the streets, there were quotes everywhere.

'Life is Adventure'
That's the one that stuck with me most.
WHY?
Because I keep forgetting that life IS an adventure.
Have you ever stopped and wondered why life is the way it is?
Society has placed this plan in all our heads:
Study well when you're a child > Get a degree > Get a good job > Marry > Kids
And the cycle repeats.
WHEN DO YOU ACTUALLY LIVE?!
I've always wondered where I fit in, in that cycle. In that way of thinking.
It's funny how I listen to people my age tell me that all they want to do is marry the love of their life.
It's sweet, really. I'm happy for them and I wish I could experience that a little but then again,
I want to experience so much more in life.

Watching Paper Towns the other day, gave me the same impression.
What have I been really doing with my life?
Doing stuff that pleased who?
What really makes me feel alive?

Tonight, my friend had accompanied me for dinner. And after dinner, we decided on another adventure. We were going to visit my old tuition teacher. I had last seen her when I was 12, which was donkey long ago.
So this was decided at the spur of the moment. And so we hit the road and drove to the area where she used to live. The amount of apartments there were insane I tell you.
I had only the faintest idea of what her place looked like.
These were my only clues:
1. Her door had Christmas decorations
2. It was on the 2/3rd floor
3. It was a left unit, not a right

Vague eh? I realized it seemed impossible and that this was a wild goose chase but we decided to try anyway. After 10 minutes of trying out two apartments, I gave a call to my mum for her number.
Alas! She had switched her number!!
So here we were, lost in a sea of apartments.
That's when I decided to give with this one apartment that my gut told me to check out. And so I did.
The next thing I knew, I rang the doorbell and her now-grown-son opened the door. That brat used to bully me when I was a kid (And he was younger than me. Cheeky little thing!!)

I spent the next hour in my teacher's house. Talking to her about how times have changed.

When my friend and I left the house, we laughed.
Because neither of us had expected to have this much fun doing something this random, without a clue.
What I'm trying to say that, Life really is an adventure.
And that there are all sorts of things to do, to see, to experience.
So no matter how weird people find you, or how insane they call you, don't worry.
Go out there and experience things.
Happiness comes in all forms and tonight was definitely one that's memorable.


Love,
Tasha

Comments

Popular Posts