Reasons Why You Should Go Back Home


This might sound a little ironic, coming from me, since I won't be going home this holidays...
BUT, this doesn't mean you shouldn't be going home!!

For those of you who know that I am not going back home this Christmas or New Year, believe me when I say the guilt is killing me. However, I did make peace by visiting home this year, more often than before. I realize that going home is pretty important for a number of reasons, which is why I am writing this.

I mean, look around you, we can always hear the older generation, our parents, grandparents or anybody, complain that their children visit them less and less. That they are being ignored, forgotten.

It seems like a commercialized thing now. We see the ads, we hear the advice on radio on going back home to visit our family, but has it actually made an impact in your head?

Here are 7 reasons why you should go home,
and hopefully, they make you go home.

1. It's where the Good Food comes from
Nothing will ever beat... Your mother's cooking.
The moment you bring it up in a group conversation, we'll be fighting to say whose mum cooks a specific dish better. I'd proudly claim that my mum cooks the best Curry Chicken, Tofu Soup, Claypot Pork and much more.
I will, learn to cook like her some day :3

2. It's where you were born
Like it or not, home will forever be home. You can't deny that!
They always say 'Remember where you came from', and you sure as hell better remember that place you were born.

3. You Get to be in A Familiar Surrounding
Escape from the busy life. Take a chill pill. Have a good time. There's always something about going back to place which you are familiar with. I think it's always fun to back to a place whereby you can just be who you wanna be. It's your town, your city. You know the streets, the scent, the people.


4. Replenish your soul
Sometimes I feel like being in the city eats me up, drains my happiness away, so I go back home to replenish my happy tank. The people at home always make me happy. I guess it's because it's a stress-free zone. Cause you're on holiday in a place which you're familiar with. How cool is that?

5. It's like a whole country of Homies
There's something about meeting your own people. I'm not just talking about friends or family but your homies. Though not related by blood, I feel a sense of familiarity when I speak with the aunties and uncles in coffee shops back home because we all speak Hokkien. We 1Penang yo.


6. Your Friends MISS YOU
Your whacky friends who grew up with you. Had your back during your rebellious period, well, Stage 1 of your rebellious period at least. Call them and meet up again. Talk about old times. Talk about current times. Old friends are the last people to judge you and if they're your real friends, they're probably laugh at you for everything anyway.

7. FAMILY
As you grow older, you understand that family means a lot. Ain't nobody gonna ditch you. Your siblings may complain about you but they love you in the end. Nobody can bully you, except them.
As for your parents, sending you off to university is probably their greatest pride. But having you come back, is their greatest joy.


'Ohana means family, and family means, 
Nobody gets Left behind, or Forgotten.'



If my reasons fail to make sense to you, I hope this Ad does. 
Because it sure did made me tear up.


Love,
Tasha Lim

Comments

  1. These are some great tools that i definitely use for SEO work. This is a great list to use in the future.Jogos online
    friv free Games
    play Games friv 2020

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts