The Lessons of Tasha's Many Phones

If you have known me for some time, you will know that I have had a number of phones. Before you make any assumptions of me being rich, let me first tell you that a majority of them were hand-me-downs. And, I changed the phones not because I want to but because I HAD TO.

Like any other child, I began with a Nokia haha

And have tried brands like Samsung, LG, Motorola, HTC and even a temporary iPHONE which was borrowed from another friend. Frankly, I hate the iPHONE.

Anyway, the most recent incident is my SONY M5 phone which I had spent my own money buying :')
Close friends and family made a bet that it would only last for less than year. Guess what. They were right.

Again, NOT MY FAULT.

The phone I had happened to be a default phone and SONY has graciously given me a new phone.

But I tell you, this was no easy feat.

And I have learnt some lessons through all my trials.


First of all, if you have any phone that has a built-in battery, DO NOT REMOVE IT. That instantly kills your warranty.

Secondly, if your phone has water in it, just blowdry it or actually, leave it in a tupperware of rice for two nights. I know it's not easy but be patient if you do not want to spend more money buying a new phone.

Thirdly, go to your google account on your laptop and delete details of your old phone if it has been stolen. Delete EVERYTHING. disconnect it all people. Change your passwords, instagram, facebook and everything.

Next, know your rights as a consumer. The Consumer Protection Act helps you. Really. So if your phone just, in a nice way, dies, and cannot be revived, read your consumer act on how you can help yourself before you call the phone supplier.

What I did was read up on my CPA and later the actual warranty card and later, e-mailed SONY. Sadly, SONY did not reply me during the weekend and its service centres weren't open as well so I had to wait for two days.

I went ahead and e-mailed them. However, they did not take me seriously enough until I sounded angry. While I believe that an angry customer is a problematic one, it is tough not to be one when you get really bad service and they don't take your case seriously.

Even after I got my phone repaired, the phone still died on me. It was not more than 3 hours after I took my phone back. I called SONY and told them I wanted a new phone no matter what.

On the day I had sent my phone for the check-up after the failed 'saving of my phone', SONY's Singapore centre had called me to request for a 2 day allowance to look into my case. I gave them two days and when they did not call me or reply my e-mail, I took the initiative to call again, which was only when I got my answer of what was to happen to my phone.


And here it is, say hello to my latest collection of phones.
Sadly, I'd have to admit defeat by my friends and family that the last phone, did not last a year :(

Oh, and on a side note, I'd like to compliment the services of the SONY service centre at Plaza Berjaya. You guys were great!

Love,
Tasha Lim

Comments

Popular Posts