It Gets Easier, Somehow. But Not Today


I am listening to Imagine Dragons' 'Not Today'. Have you ever heard of it? It definitely is different from everyone's favourites' - Demons and Radioactive. But the lines that keep repeating and gets stuck in my head is this,

'It's gonna get easier and easier.. Somehow.. But Not Today.'

I like how that line is sang. I like how that line is phrased. There have been countless times where I feel like I have been hit by a truck the moment I wake up - mentally, not physically. The only times I ever feel like my body does feel that way is when I have actually been in an accident or I have physically abused myself in some workout. So, those very lines are very relatable - in a lot of situations.

There isn't much to say when a horrible situation happens. 
Example 1: If someone you love dies, can any form of words or consolation ever remove the pain in your heart? The simple and honest answer is no. 

Nevertheless, we accept the words of others when they say 'I am sorry to hear that' or 'My deepest condolences'. Why? Because we want to be polite. Some of course, offer their sincere apologies to hear such saddening news.
Example 2: Heartbreaks
This is a simple and an almost-everyone-has-been-there-done-that phase of life. There has been without a doubt, at least one specific being that we have given our world to, only to have it ripped apart in pieces and returned to us in unrecognizable forms. 

Of course we do not recover from heartbreaks as fast as popping a Panadol and getting the headache out. If there was a way to create a pill for heartbreaks, I'd have done it already - I could probably earn billions. Rather, as the old saying goes, time will heal. And it does, it will get easier somehow, just not today. So you continue to do things you have always been doing and do your best to live to the fullest.
Example 3: The Weight of the World on You
Sometimes we can get so overwhelmed by what we have to do, what we must achieve then we get into a panic mode or, we just procrastinate - refusing to do what we must. 

Breathe.

Just take 2 minutes for a short break. Close your eyes and collect your thoughts. Then, you proceed to sort out whatever it is that you have to do. Things won't be done if you cry or your homework won't be done by itself if you stare, but you do what you can - one step at a time. 

__________________________________________________________________

As you grow older, a lot of things get tougher. The world seems harsher and you just grow smaller but trust me, trust in yourself - it gets easier somehow, just maybe not today. So you just have to keep giving it your best, and you'll realize that your little efforts are what made it easier.



Tasha Lim

Comments

Popular Posts