220714 The Optimist, The Realist and the Opportunist

Recently I've been talking a lot to my sister and we came to a conclusion that we see the world from very different perspectives. Despite my rants and all, if you ever to get to know me truly, I'm actually a really nice person. There are still some who believe otherwise.

But anyway, the conversation really came to the point where she described the world to have 3 types of people - The Optimist, The Realist and The Opportunist.

I believe there are more as people cannot be truly categorized or stereotyped into any specific group. You can't group them into boxes generally. Each human is unique and of their own personality.

It doesn't work that way, really.

Back to the topic however,


which of the three are you?

The Optimist believes that there is kindness still in the human world and that humanity can be saved, one step at a time. When a disaster happens, he or she believes that it just happens because of life and that we can always stand back up to face another day. I'm starting to think that they sound like Hippies HAHAHA but I'm pretty sure they aren't. They have a grasp on reality but they just choose to see the brighter things in life. Forgiveness is definitely part of them and people like them are willing to sacrifice themselves for others. They can be good friends to keep.

The Realist however, believes that people are like diseases. Disgusting and only to be used for their own goals or something as such.  The Realist will see a disaster and tell themselves that life sucks and that this is all because of men's doing. They will see life as it is, no excuses. I think that they have a tendency to stick to themselves or people who think like them because any other sort of people would bore them. They aren't bad to mix with and they might even be very good plus hardworking workers.


The Opportunist on the other hand, grabs any opportunity given in any way. The Opportunist will see something in the disaster to profit them, regardless of what others think. I think these are the people that end up as bosses or what not because they know a chance when they see one. These people would definitely have connections but I think they might be sly too. 

Do you see yourself in any of these shoes?

I can't say I'm a total Realist nor can I say so for the rest. The best people to describe you are actually your close friends and family I suppose. Even if it's horrible to listen to, sometimes they speak the truth. However, we can always choose to learn from the truth because if they really love you that much, they wouldn't lie to you. They'd tell you the truth to help make you a better person in life.



Okay I'm done.
Sleep time :)

Love,
Tasha G Lim

Comments

  1. I think everybody needs a little bit of the three. An optimistic mind to be able to look at the ray of sunshine. A realistic thinking to understand that we are unable to walk on clouds. And an opportunistic desire to make the best out of our capabilities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you do have a point there. We have to be different people when we face different situations but it is also this very thing that makes us confused at times. But in the end, I guess that's all part of life. Having all three inside you makes it seem like you have three people in you trying to make you see life the way they each want you to. now that's a struggle.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts